Trump, TikTok
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Highlights
NBC News |
President Donald Trump on Friday said he would extend by 75 days the deadline for TikTok's owner to find a non-Chinese buyer, averting what could have been another disruption of the app.
The Atlantic |
As the deadline for action on the TikTok ban-or-sell issue is once again extended, who cares anymore?
Reuters |
Trump said that a deal is close on Tiktok, with multiple investors involved.
Read more on News Digest
Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning. A White House official who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter said that as of Wednesday, a deal had been reached that would have spun TikTok’s operations in the United States off into a new company based in America.
The White House had finalized a TikTok divestment deal earlier this week before President Donald Trump’s “Liberation Day” tariff rollout flipped the Chinese government’s position on the issue, the Washington Examiner has learned.
The White House was hours away from announcing a proposal this week to spin off the popular video app TikTok when the Chinese government shattered the idea, saying it would not approve of any deal without first discussing President Donald Trump’s tariffs and trade policy,
Trump originally set an April 5 deadline for TikTok to be taken offline if it wasn’t sold by its Chinese parent company. Now a new executive order will keep it up and running for 75 more days.
After promising a deal this week, the president said he needs more time to arrange a sale that prevents a TikTok ban in the United States.
President Donald Trump says he is signing an executive order to keep TikTok running in the U.S. for another 75 days.
President Trump on Friday said he would sign another executive order to delay enforcement of a law that effectively bans TikTok, amid talks about a possible deal to sell the widely popular platform. Mr.
The White House was nearing a TikTok deal, but China hit the brakes after Trump announced wide-ranging tariffs, a source told AP.
China halted a deal this week for the country to divest from TikTok in the United States over President Trump's newest retaliatory tariffs.